Wednesday, December 13, 2006

10 things

Ten things I love about living here in Honduras, in no particular order:
1. I can see an amazing sunrise and sunset from my house
2. my roomate Katie and I get along great and my house is feeling more and more like "home" each day
3. my team here is really great-a huge blessing
4. the list of people I can just drop in on and visit, feeling at home, is growing each day
5. Teguc is beautiful, in a big valley with great clouds every day
6. I have high speed internet at my office
7. with in walking distance of my house: my office, a place to buy diet coke, friends
8. speaking Spanish every day
9. Pupusas and home made tortillas
10. my work-I love spending time getting to know people, building relationships and planning for our upcoming small groups

Ten things that fall in the "challenge" category, in no particular order:

1. there was a fairly large snake outside my front door the other day
2. today there was an army of ants in my laundry hamper
3. there isn't much to do after dark, outside of the house if you don't have a car, which I don't
4. it is hard to haul out our trash and refill our 5 gallon water water bottles because we don't have a car
5. you have to walk up hill both ways when coming to and from our house, Nueva Suyapa is very hilly
6. I really like to be on time and efficient, and here time and efficiency are in a different world, but I'm adjusting
7. not being home for Christmas or Thanksgiving this year
8. lots and lots of mud when it rains
9. laundry takes a long time to dry and has to be hand washed
10. I don't like the salty cheese here, which seems to be served with just about every meal

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Anna,
I have been thinking about you. I love your lists....can't say much about #1 on the challenge portion. Just think how much exercise you will be getting by all that walking...and when you take in your laundry....think of me...I so miss not being able to hang out my laundry outside. Oh....I know not being home this holiday is going to be a tough one.....for your family and friends here too.
Love you you! Miss you!
Janel

laurenbrown said...

Dudical. Can't believe you even used the word I hate in your post. :) Eeek! Although I guess saying you-know-that-one-animal-that-Lauren hates wouldn't make sense to everyone. Although I have to thank you for sparing any and all details. Wish I was there walking the hills of Nueva Suyapa with you and eating pupusas too. Just thinking about pupusas makes me think that Guasalmex should be in my future. I love you so much!