Sunday, September 24, 2006

GUTS...

...yes, I've got them, and I'm officially there. I am in LA for my official Servant Partners new staff training, called GUTS (Global Urban Training School). We start tomorrow, Sunday, so I haven't met anyone else yet. I'm staying with my friend Lauren and her roomates in Pomona. Today I drove up to Encino and saw my cousins, Stacey and Tyson. We had not all been together for a while, so it was good to see them. We are definitely all on different paths: Stacey, married and ready to have her first baby any day now, Tyson, engaged and pursuing a music career in LA, and me, moving to Honduras to pursue my own dreams. I'll post a picture later.

So I'm in LA for one week and then on the 1st we fly to Manila, Philippines. I'm a little nervous for the flight but generally very excited about everything. We'll be there until Nov 5th.... a long time. I still have $110/month left to go-so keep praying and advocating. For those of you who actually read closely, here is a preview of the new website I'm working on.

No comments: